#OOAG9603
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

::: The OA :::

2 posters

Go down

::: The OA ::: Empty ::: The OA :::

Post by wodouvhaox Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:10 pm

:::

By  Sierra Knapps

Never have I felt so strongly about a show. The OA ponders on great idea’s and the universal question of what happens after we die.
The OA (2016-) is a Netflix Original tv show created by Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij. Brit Marling stars as the protagonist, Prairie Johnson and has credit to writing and directing some of the episodes. It also stars Emory Cohen, Patrick Gibson, Jason Isaacs, Ian Alexander, Phyllis Smith, Brenda Meyer, Brandon Perea, Will Brill, and Sharon Van Etten.
(season 1) The OA is about a woman, Prairie Johnson, going missing for seven years, when she is blind, and comes back, not blind. When she is back, she looks for a man named Homer and needs five people to help her do these miraculous movements to get to another dimension. She was adopted when she was a young blind girl on account of her father dying and her becoming blind from a bus accident on her way to school. It was hit on by the Russian mafia, which her father was part of.

::: The OA ::: Lead_720_405

If you haven’t watched the show yet, than that summary might have read a little crazy or strange.  I get it. On paper it might seem out of the normal bounds. On screen…it’s the same. But you won’t regret it and I am going to tell you why.
It’s a show about miracles, near death experiences (NDE), family, relationships, mystery, and science. If that doesn’t strike even the slightest of interest then see ya.
The episodes are a range of flashbacks of Prairie’s kidnapped years. Jason Isaacs, Hap, is the scientist that has captured her and 4 others and does NDE experiments on each of them to see the other side. The after life. Each one of them gets a movement that they must do in unison to escape and Hap gets on this idea as well to try and continue into the next dimension with them. She doesn’t get to go with the others into the next dimension because Hap takes her elsewhere. The modern episodes consist of Prairie trying to gather five people to help her find Homer and the rest of the captured individuals. Those new five people are four teenagers and a teacher. So the audience gets a look at pretty much everyone’s life and together they share a bond to try to get Prairie to that next dimension to save the others.

::: The OA ::: Tumblr_oicc4al71x1swis0xo1_500

It’s storytelling power is effective and riveting. It will glue you to the seat and you will wonder where the next season is. If you were like me and watch it as soon as it came out and finishes it within about five days, then you waited about three years for the next part. Yes, it took that long. Before I say more, just know that it’s worth it.
I felt for every single character. Even Hap. The acting makes the show come together since every character has to do these movements and feel connected with each other. They really bonded and I can tell even beyond the screen.
The scientific aspects weren’t too confusing and I kept up with it. The spiritual and emotional ranges were so vivid. It makes you question your life, afterlife, the people in it, and how far you would go for the people you care about the most. How relationships are so, so important in our lives. I think the worst part of the whole idea behind the show is to fear loneliness and trust your instincts.
(season 2) The OA part 2 is about the same characters as part 1, except in this one, Prairie makes it to the next dimension and finds her friends. Homer is there, but he isn’t the same Homer as before. A girl named Michelle, is missing and a detective is on a mission to find out what happened to her which is resulted from a puzzle app and a house.

::: The OA ::: The-oa-part-2-netflix-review

Part 2 is even more of a puzzling thriller mystery than the first part. It has a giant octopus in it. Yes. A giant octopus. Don’t worry though, it has a purpose. Part 2 is bolder in its storytelling and action and expects the audience to keep up with it. It’s wilder than anyone could have predicted.

::: The OA ::: Theoaparttwo-625x352

The acting is still on point and amazing. I still feel a bond with the characters and a hatred for Hap. It’s visually stunning and very uniform. The camera work is focused on faces and the outside world, which is good since part 2 is focused on the difference of dimensions and how every character feels about the situations they are in. It makes the audience ponder on what they are reacting to and why this is appropriate behavior. I appreciate a show that is unique to itself and achieves a high aesthetic self. This time around, it includes a very smart tree, a puzzle house, Russian red district, and so much more. Plus, the octopus.
The OA is achieved through amazing storytelling, acting, bonds, ambitious ideas, and more dimensions and soul swapping. Truly mind-boggling, yet amazing in every way. You want the characters to succeed. You carry a hatred for Hap. You want Homer back for Prairie. Life is precious, but also much more than what we have ever known. And I believe it. I’m on this train.

::: The OA ::: Tudism17

KSTXI Tudismocroned BullDada Network
wodouvhaox
wodouvhaox
Admin

http://discordiabrasilis.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

::: The OA ::: Empty Re: ::: The OA :::

Post by Lucretia Dalencourt Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:08 pm